Tips for a successful New Year’s Health and Fitness Resolution
- Be SMART. Make sure your goals are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely. Stick to 1 or 2 goals.
- Get rid of excess Christmas junk food and other junk food. If you see it, you will eat it. So give it away or toss it out.
- Keep Track. Download a food application or keep a food journal to stay on track towards your goals. There are many apps these days that help you track and record your nutrition online or on cell phones. People that record what they eat see results faster!
- Don’t beat yourself up if you slip. You are going to cheat when it comes to your diet. Its normal and it’s OK. Just get back on track as quick as you can.
- Visualize, visualize, visualize. Visualize the end result you are striving for. Visualize what you are going to do along the way. Never stop believing in yourself.
- Try new exercises or activities. Join a new hockey, soccer or any sports league. It’s a great way to burn calories, socialize and have fun. New activities challenge the body and mind.
- Invest in a qualified personal trainer – Make the most of your workouts. If you don’t prepare yourself for fitness than prepare yourself for illness. See results 80% faster with a qualified personal trainer.
- Make a plan. List out what you plan on doing to reach your goals. A plan without goals is just a wish.
Leave a Reply